Applies to : Microsoft Word 2010, Word 2013, and Word 2016
We have experienced a situation where we have created a Word document and then accidentally closed it out without saving it. Is it lost forever? Do I have to recreate the entire document over? Those are just a few of the questions that will be flying around in your head. Take a deep breath, and follow the steps below to recover your document.
How to recover an unsaved Word document
1.You click the File tab => Info => Manage Documents.
2. You select “Recover Unsaved Documents” from the drop-down menu.
3.You click “Open” when you’ve selected the document you want to recover.
4.You click the Save As button and save your Word document.
You can watch this video to know How to Recover an Unsaved Word Document :
Change the setting AutoRecover Word
If you would like change the frequency with which Microsoft Word automatically saves a recoverable copy of your document, follow the steps below. The default time is set to 10 minutes.
- You click the File tab => Options.
- In the Options dialog box you click the Save option located on the left side.
- Under Save documents you change the minutes to how often you would like Word to save a recoverable version of your document.
- When finished you click OK
Here’s hoping that you are able to recover all of your work!
Related post: How to change default font in Word
Tag : How to Recover an Unsaved Word Document
Read more :
- Activate Microsoft Office 2019
- Activate Microsoft Office 2016
- Activate Microsoft Office 2013
The post How to Recover an Unsaved Word Document appeared first on free product key.